The Confident Kitchen Series
If you want to “step it up a notch” in your kitchen, whether a professional kitchen or a home kitchen, Roast Your Nuts before using them in your recipe. It is a surefire way to elevate the taste of your food in both cooking and baking from flavourless to outstanding.
Why bother? You would not consider having a cup of coffee with un-roasted beans, would you? Have you ever eaten a cookie, cake or bread that has the addition of nuts that really did not deliver the taste you were expecting?
- A chocolate chip pecan cookie
- Hazelnut Raisin Bread
- Granola Bars or granola
- German Chocolate Cake with traditional coconut & pecan filling
- Bar nuts, candied nuts, spiced nuts, etc.
As well, other food-related items that are not baked but have nuts added, such as:
- A spinach salad with goat cheese, cranberries, sliced pears and candied pecans (that were not roasted beforehand)
- A pesto with pine nuts or walnuts that were not roasted