UrbnSpice Ultimate Recipe Series
The Wats-On Burger
It is time to share an amazing recipe with you: The Ultimate Burger (known as the Wats-on Burger) is actually the creation of my husband. No one has ever been able to match it. It does have fresh ingredients, mixed with a light hand and grilled to perfection. What it does not have is fancy ingredients like BBQ sauce or truffle bits. It is a simple burger – that is all…..and everything. If you want to try to recreate this burger, you will need a few things.
THE WATS-ON BURGER
For 6 – 8 large burgers or 12 – 14 sliders:
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 green onions, sliced thinly
- 1 clove fresh garlic, minced
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 10 crushed crackers of your choice
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or onion powder
- Combine the ground meat, green onion, garlic, egg, cracker crumbs and seasoning, and mix to combine. Take care not to over mix.
- Test a small meatball size portion, flattened, by frying until cooked through. Taste and adjust the seasonings accordingly. This is an important step!
- Separate the mixture into patties and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Grill the patties until done. Just prior to finishing, place slices of cheese on top of the cooked burger and let the cheese soften before removing the burger from the pan or grill and placing them onto a toasted burger bun.
The garnishes that we typically top this burger with are quite simple:
- sliced dill pickles
- sliced fresh tomatoes
- shredded or leaves of lettuce
- Gruyere or old Cheddar cheese, sliced
- Rings of freshly sliced red onion
- A fresh grind of black pepper and a sprinkle of salt on the tomato slices, seasoned to taste
Feel free to add your own garnish. Other garnishes we have tried and loved are:
- Caramelized Onion – I show you How to Caramelize Onions in this post
- Sliced mushrooms, sautéed in butter
- Crispy Bacon slices
Please CLICK the link above to access my UrbnSpice LEARNING TIPS, which are listed alphabetically on the Learning Tips blog post under the following subheadings:
- Basic Tools: Scoops for Portioning
This is truly the best burger you will ever have!
The UrbnSpice Chef
More Urbnspice Ultimate Recipes:
Urbnspice’s Ultimate Soup Recipe
Urbnspice’s Ultimate Apple Crisp
Urbnspice’s Ultimate Chocolate Desserts
Urbnspice’s Ultimate Veggie Burger