The Inspiration of UrbnSpice Series
These little gems are Sweet Strawberry Tomatoes. Are they not the prettiest thing that you have seen today? (Other than my post of the wee one baking sugar cookies). I could not resist buying them – these Sweet Strawberry Tomatoes became my Inspiration of the Day.
I have great fun in the market this time of year as the local produce is arriving and is proudly displayed by the greengrocer staff. I am sure that the produce guys wonder as I travel through their displays, exclaiming my great delight while taking photos with my iPhone. I wonder which of the selections I find today will be discussed, cooked, photographed and eaten first? There are not enough hours in a day when there are already a few too many irons in the fire.
For these beauties, the most simple of cooking methods will occur today with another discovery today – rice bran oil! As much as I adore using olive oil with tomatoes, I felt this was a perfect opportunity to try this oil. It has a clean, delicate taste, a high smoke point and, bonus – it also claims many health benefits.
Roasted Strawberry Tomatoes
- 2 vines strawberry tomatoes (about 1/2 lb)
- One or two garlic cloves, slivered
- Rice Bran Oil, (or Olive Oil) as needed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the tomatoes (on the vine) and the slivered garlic on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast until the skin starts to shrivel a bit – about 10 minutes.
- Serve directly on top of the dish of your choice; for example, with a lovely grilled steak. Enjoy with a glass of red wine.
You Might Also Enjoy:
Roasted Potato Salad with Bacon and Chives – Double Duty Recipe Series
Learn More About Vine Sweet Strawberry Tomatoes
If you try my recipe for Roasted Tomato Compote, please leave me a comment below with your feedback.
You can find me on social media (see links below) – just be sure to tag @urbnspice and #urbnspice so I am sure to see it. Enjoy!
The Urbnspice Chef
Follow me on Social Media