This recipe for Tomato Dill Soup is super easy and quick to make. It is a great make-ahead soup because it can be served hot or cold. It is light and refreshing. I use an immersion blender to puree the soup. An immersion blender is one of my favourite kitchen tools and I discuss ways of using this handy, dandy small appliance in this post, called My Immersion Blender from my series Favourite Kitchen Tools.
Tomato Dill Soup
Yield: Serves 4
|Butter or vegetable oil||2 Tbsp.|
|Garlic||1 clove, minced|
|Onion||1 medium, diced|
|Tomatoes||1 can (28 oz.), whole|
|Chicken broth||1 cup|
|Bay leaf||1 small leaf|
|Dill Weed, dried||½ teaspoon|
|Pepper, ground||¼ teaspoon|
|Sour Cream||For Garnish|
|1. Melt butter.
2. Sauté onion until translucent. Add garlic and cook slightly.
3. Add remaining ingredients, except sour cream.
4. Break up tomatoes with fork.
5. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for approximately 15 minutes.
6. Remove from heat and discard bay leaf.
7. Insert immersion blender into the pot and blend until smooth.
8. Serve immediately or chill thoroughly and serve cold.
9. Top each serving with a dollop of sour cream and a sprig of dill.
Use your Immersion Blender for these UrbnSpice Soup Recipes:
As always, if you give this recipe for Tomato Dill Soup a try, please come back and leave me a comment below with your feedback.
You can find me on social media (see links below) – just be sure to tag @urbnspice and #urbnspice so I am sure to see it. Enjoy!
The Urbnspice Chef
Follow me on Social Media:
Urbnspice Facebook Page – If you like what you see here, please LIKE my page. I would love that – thank you!
Urbnspice is on Twitter
You will find lots of fun boards on Pinterest
I am also on Instagram