The Inspiration of UrbnSpice Series
We were experiencing a rather dampish day with brisk winds on Vancouver Island, and it seemed that an oven meal was appropriate. Luckily, the Market Inspiration of the Day was a boneless turkey thigh. You may have seen this particular turkey cut in your market wanderings and wondered what to do with it. I am going to share an idea with you for Roasted Turkey Thighs with Honey Dijon Glaze. But first, let’s mix up a quick poultry dry rub seasoning mix. Serve this delicious roast turkey thigh recipe with UrbnSpice’s Holiday Treats Preserve.
Roasted Turkey Thighs with Honey Dijon Glaze
CHEF TALK: Turkey Thighs are perfect for this poultry rub and glaze, however, do not stop there. Try the same recipe with Pork (for example: Thick Country Style Pork Ribs) or Chicken Thighs. Very, very good!
Quick Poultry Rub:
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons salt
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Combine all the ingredients above in a small bowl and set aside.
- Store in an airtight container.
- This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled.
Honey Dijon Glaze:
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 2 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (or 325°F if using a convection oven), on the roast setting.
- Combine the Honey Glaze ingredients and set aside.
- Now, simply rub the turkey thigh with olive oil and make shallow slits here and there in the turkey thigh.
- Insert small sprigs of fresh rosemary and garlic slivers (this is exactly what I like to do for a boneless lamb roast).
- Rub the turkey thigh all over with the quick poultry seasoning rub above to season. (I used my own blend called Urb’n’Spice Poultry Pork Seasoning and Spice Rub).
- Place the seasoned turkey thigh on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350°F (convection) and bake until the turkey thigh starts to turn a golden colour.
- Remove the turkey thigh from the oven and brush the reserved glaze on the turkey thigh.
- Baste the turkey thigh every few minutes with this glaze until the turkey thigh is a nice golden brown in colour (or until a digital thermometer reads 165°F.
- Allow the turkey thigh to cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving alongside Urb’n’Spice Holiday Treats Preserve.
Please CLICK the link above to access my UrbnSpice LEARNING TIPS, which are listed alphabetically on the Learning Tips blog post under the following subheadings:
- Oven Temperature Accuracy
You Might Also Enjoy these UrbnSpice posts:
If you give this recipe for Roasted Turkey Thighs with Honey Dijon Glaze a try, please come back and leave me a comment below with your feedback.
You can find me on social media – just be sure to tag @urbnspice and #urbnspice so I am sure to see it. Enjoy!
The Urbnspice Chef
Follow me on Social Media:
Urbnspice is on Twitter
You will find lots of fun boards on Pinterest
I am also on Instagram