I love this MILK CHOCOLATE TORTE with ALMOND PRALINE Crust on so many levels! It is a gluten-free, grain-free and egg-free option. It is very easy to make, and it is unbaked! You can make it ahead of time and it freezes beautifully. It can also be served frozen. What more can I say, except that you should try it! This recipe is from my cookbook series, Chocolate Desserts Made Easy and Delicious – Cakes.
Milk Chocolate Torte with Almond Praline Crust – Gluten Free, Grain Free, Egg Free
CHEF TALK: This is one of my favourite cakes to make individually as well as for a crowd. I have made as few as 4 portions up to several hundred portions. My favourite way to make any dessert is to make an individual portion using 3 or 4-inch pastry rings and these rings work exceptionally well in this recipe.
Makes: 1 – 9-inch springform pan or 12 generous portions
THE PRALINE LAYER:
- 7 oz. natural almonds, sliced (200 g)
- 2 oz. granulated sugar (55 g)
- 4 oz. butter, unsalted, melted (115 g)
- 10 oz. good quality milk chocolate, melted (150 g)
- ¾ cup butter, unsalted (160 g)
- 4 oz. granulated sugar (170 g)
- 1 cup whipping cream (250 ml)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract (5 ml)
- Line the bottom of the springform pan with parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate slowly in a bowl, which is set over a pot with 1 inch of barely simmering water (bain-marie).
- Method for the Praline Layer: Toast the almonds and allow them to cool. Process them in a food processor until there are some fine particles with some coarse particles (for texture).
- Mix the ground nuts together with sugar and add the melted butter. Pour and press this into the bottom of the springform pan. (You may reserve a little of this praline layer for the garnish on top of the cake). Chill the praline crust while you are making the filling.
- Method for the Filling: In a mixer, beat the softened (room temperature) butter and sugar until light coloured and airy (creaming). This will take several minutes.
- With the mixer on low speed, add the warm chocolate slowly into the bowl of the mixer containing the blended butter and sugar.
- Slowly pour in the whipping cream (un-whipped) and the vanilla extract. Pour the filling on top of the chilled praline layer. If you have reserved some of the praline layer, sprinkle on top of the filling. Chill until firm.
TO SERVE: Serve with raspberry coulis and fresh berries, if desired. If you are serving the cake frozen, let it come to room temperature for about 10 minutes before serving.
Please CLICK the link above to access my UrbnSpice LEARNING TIPS, which are listed alphabetically on the Learning Tips blog post under the following subheadings:
- Bain Marie
- Cutting pies and Tarts
- Toast Your Nuts
- Parchment Paper
- Vanilla Extract
You Might Also Like:
A Unique Cheesecake – Double Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake
If you give this recipe for Milk Chocolate Torte with Almond Praline Crust (Gluten Free, Egg-free, Grain Free) a try, please come back and leave me a comment below with your feedback. You can find me on social media – just be sure to tag @urbnspice and #urbnspice so I’m sure to see it. Enjoy!
The Urbnspice Chef
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow me on Facebook and other Social Media
Urbnspice Facebook Page ( if you like what you see here, please LIKE my Urbnspice Page)
Urbnspice is on Twitter
You will find lots of fun boards on Pinterest
I am also on Instagram
I Love Chocolate Facebook Page