Mango, Avocado and Cucumber Salad is one of the most refreshing salads that I have ever tasted and one of the easiest to make. There is a perfect balance of textures and flavours enhanced with a zesty lime dressing. There are so many reasons to make this delicious salad again and again: pot-lucks, barbecues, block parties, and summer patio al fresco meals.
Mango, Avocado and Cucumber Salad with Lime Dressing
CHEF TALK: This is a great make-ahead salad. I recommend chilling the salad thoroughly before serving. This recipe has been adapted from an Eating Well recipe called Tropical Cucumber Salad.
For the Salad:
- 1/2 of a medium English cucumber, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 avocado, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 mango, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley or cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon fresh mint, chiffonade, optional
For the Dressing:
- 3 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lime zest, plus some zest reserved for garnish
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk fish sauce, lime zest, lime juice, brown sugar, and vinegar in a medium bowl until combined.
- Add the diced cucumber, avocado, mango, parsley, and mint.
- Toss gently to coat the mixture. Pile into a presentation dish or shallow bowl.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Serve well chilled, garnished with lime zest.
Please CLICK the link above to access my UrbnSpice LEARNING TIPS, which are listed alphabetically on the Learning Tips blog post under the following subheadings:
You Might Also Enjoy:
Orange Fennel Salad accompanies Orange-Glazed Roasted Salmon
As always, if you give this recipe for Mango, Avocado and Cucumber Salad with Lime Dressing a try, please come back and leave me a comment below with your feedback.
You can find me on social media – just be sure to tag @urbnspice and #urbnspice so I am sure to see it. Enjoy!
The Urbnspice Chef
Follow me on Social Media:
Urbnspice Facebook Page – If you like what you see here, please LIKE my page. I would love that. Thank you!
Urbnspice is on Twitter
You will find lots of fun boards on Pinterest
I am also on Instagram