How to Make PÂTE SUCRÉE Pastry
Yield 20 tarts
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cold, cut into small pieces
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- ¼ cup ice water, as necessary
- In a food processor bowl, combine the flour and sugar – pulse once or twice to combine.
- Add the pieces of cold butter into the food processor and pulse 10 to 20 times until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the egg yolks and vanilla bean paste.
- With the food processor running, pour the egg yolk mixture in through the feed tube.
- Process until the dough comes together (about 10 – 20 seconds). Add a little ice water, one tablespoon at a time until the dough comes together in a ball.
- Divide the dough in half. Form each half into a disk and wrap in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate the dough for one hour before use.
CHEF TIP: Ice water is used when making pastry to keep the cold butter from melting. This keeps the pastry crust flaky.
For more details and step-by-step photographs, please refer to the original post: https://urbnspice.com/my-recipes/make-pate-sucree-pastry/
Did you Make my Recipe?
Tag me @urbnspice on Instagram and hashtag #urbnspice
Recipe by UrbnSpice at https://urbnspice.com/my-recipes/make-pate-sucree-pastry/