I am revisiting a very familiar and much-loved family recipe for Yogurt Pancakes. One of my readers asked a question regarding baking powder vs baking soda. She was on a quest to make her daughter light fluffy pancakes. The tricky part was making a fluffy pancake without eggs due to an egg allergy.
Once again, another reader, being a celiac, wanted so much to try these pancakes. I adapted this recipe again to accommodate her dietary concerns and issues. Since she was able to tolerate dairy products, I was able to use milk. There are, of course, other options for dairy milk, such as substituting rice milk, coconut milk or almond milk or even fruit juice.
This is a perfect recipe to try. It has all the qualities of a fluffy pancake and the egg substitute as posted below will ensure that your daughter can enjoy her fluffy pancakes soon! Good luck!
CHEF TALK: No other pancake will do in the Urbnspice household. These are very easy to make. They are light, very fluffy, and so delicious! If you can find real maple syrup for the Hot Maple Butter, it’s the best!!
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour or gluten-free flour blend
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup plain dairy yogurt or non-dairy coconut yogurt
- 3/4 cup milk or milk substitutes such as coconut milk, almond milk, or lactose-free milk beverage
- 2 eggs, beaten (or 1/2 cup egg substitute from the recipe below)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Combine the yogurt, milk, eggs (or egg substitute) and butter.
- Add all at once to the dry ingredients.
- Stir just until combined.
- Serve with Hot Maple Butter
Hot Maple Butter:
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup butter
- Combine and stir until butter melts and sauce is heated through.
For Egg Allergies: Substitute ½ cup egg substitute (below) for the 2 eggs
Combine these :
- 3 cups of water
- 1/3 cups flax seeds
- Bring this mixture to a boil and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Strain, Refrigerate. It will become very thick.
- For every egg required in a recipe, substitute 1/4 cup of the flax seed liquid.
Please CLICK the link above to access my UrbnSpice LEARNING TIPS, which are listed alphabetically on the Learning Tips blog post under the following subheadings:
- Gluten-Free Flour Blends
You Might Also Enjoy:
Roasted Tomato Compote with Poached Eggs
If you try my recipe for Yogurt Pancakes, please leave me a comment below with your feedback.
You can find me on social media (see links below) – just be sure to tag @urbnspice and #urbnspice so I am sure to see it. Enjoy!
The Urbnspice Chef
Follow me on Social Media