This is one of the most versatile salsas that I have ever made. This Tomato Herb Salsa has graced our table through many types of events, from Happy Hour to Block Parties to many summertime meals and Back Yard BBQs.
I have served this Tomato Herb Salsa for appetizer parties to accompany pita crisps (do you know about pita crisps?); for flatbreads; for bruschetta; for quesadillas; for pizzas; to top hubby’s famous hamburgers; and most recently, to garnish the top of Home Welcoming Hearty Black Bean Soup. It will be a welcome addition to your appetizer repertoire. Pour a glass of wine for your guests while you prepare this quick and easy salsa. Grab a bag of sturdy chips and enjoy this fresh salsa.
TOMATO HERB SALSA
Yield: 3 cups (750 ml)
CHEF TALK: I use Roma tomatoes in this salsa because they are a drier variety (less juicy). If fresh tomatoes are not available, use a good quality canned tomato, diced. It is still delicious!
- 4 Fresh Roma Tomatoes, halved, seeded and chopped fine
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped finely or chiffonade
- 2 Tablespoons fresh mint, chopped finely or chiffonade
- 1 green onion (scallion), sliced thinly
- 1 Tablespoon fresh chives, sliced very finely
- Zest of 1/2 of a lemon
- 1 jalapeno chile, seeded and chopped very fine (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon dark or white balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium-size bowl, combine the diced tomatoes and minced garlic together.
- Add the chopped herbs, lemon zest and the optional minced jalapeno. Fold together gently.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and olive oil and stir to combine thoroughly.
- Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.
Please CLICK the link above to access my UrbnSpice LEARNING TIPS, which are listed alphabetically on the Learning Tips blog post under the following subheadings:
You Might Also Like these Urbnspice Recipes:
As always, if you give this recipe for Tomato Herb Salsa a try, please come back and leave me a comment below with your feedback. You can find me on social media – just be sure to tag @urbnspice and #urbnspice so I’m sure to see it. Enjoy!
The Urbnspice Chef
Follow me on Social Media:
Urbnspice is on Twitter
You will find lots of fun boards on Pinterest
I am also on Instagram
I Love Chocolate Facebook Page