Chocolate Gnocchi? Why?
I had to think of an Italian themed dessert bite for an event this week – isn’t this fun?
I thought I would share. It is like having a tootsie roll – only it’s a cookie!
I show you how to make these by using my recipe for Chocolate Caramel Cookie dough
Chocolate Gnocchi, anyone?
“Make a list of important things to do today.
At the top of your list, put “eat chocolate.”
Now, you’ll get at least one thing done today.”
— Gina Hayes
- Use my recipe for Caramel Cookies for this gnocchi. You will find the recipe for Chocolate Caramel Cookies here in the post called Chocolate and the Oscars.
- Follow the recipe for the chocolate cookie dough, omitting the caramel centres.
- Chill the dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Take small amounts of the cookie dough and roll it into thin snakes or skinny logs.
- Cut the snakes into pieces that resemble pillow-like shapes, just like gnocchi. Place the pieces on a parchment-lined baking sheet in a single layer. Chill the cookies again for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350oF (175oC) or 325oF, if using a convection oven.
- Bake them on a parchment lined sheet for 5 – 7 minutes. Cool.
- Toss with a little chocolate sauce and sprinkled with chopped pecans. And Voila! Chocolate Gnocchi. Bet your guests never had anything like this before!
This recipe for Caramel Chocolate Cookies is from my second book, called Chocolate Cookies, Brownies and Squares from UrbnSpice’s Chocolate Desserts Cookbook Series
As always, if you give this recipe for Chocolate Caramel Cookies a try, please come back and leave me a comment below with your feedback.
You can find me on social media – just be sure to tag @urbnspice and #urbnspice so I am sure to see it. Enjoy!
The Urbnspice Chef
Follow me on Social Media:
Urbnspice is on Twitter
You will find lots of fun boards on Pinterest
I am also on Instagram