Wedding Cake Memories
A good friend thanked me again today for her wedding cake. They are celebrating their 5th anniversary already!
I loved making this cake for her – each layer was different so that everyone at the wedding had their favourite kind. I thought I would share with you.
You will see a few things in this photograph that I typically do for the bride and groom:
- A miniature cake for the newlywed couple to save for their first anniversary.
- A box with treats because often the bride and groom are absolutely starving after their wedding. (see below for details)
- Bottom Layer: Lemon Pound Cake with lemon curd and vanilla bean buttercream
- Middle Layer: Famous Carrot Cake
- Top Layer: Chocolate Fudge Brownie layers with raspberry and dark chocolate ganache
The miniature cake on the side was a gift to set aside for their 1st anniversary (also chocolate fudge brownie layer). She thanked me for that too! She thinks of me each year as her anniversary nears. Now, THIS is why I became a pastry chef! Making a wedding cake is a labour of love, and it is so rewarding to create something that the recipient is so thrilled with – even after five years.
The little white box you see in the photograph below tied with ribbon and a note was another little gift for the bride and groom. It held nibbles and goodies, which was something that I started to do when my daughter married. I found that the bride and groom as they are typically starving by the time the wedding festivities are over! They don’t really get much of a chance to eat with all that glass clanging and such!
You can fill the little box with anything that suits the couple’s fancy – I typically include some treats like whole almonds, lavender sables, and in this case, marzipan, as it was the bride’s favourite and few chocolate truffles.
So many great memories. Happy Anniversary, my friend!
You Might Also Enjoy: